Every Friday for the next 7 weeks the National Marine Aquarium in Plymouth will be delivering free live lessons from their Aquarium via YouTube.
Each week there will be two sessions:
- The first 'Deep Science' (1pm to 1.20pm GMT) - aimed at KS2 - will see their schools' team using aquarium exhibits and their AquaLab to explore the science behind the animated ocean exploration tv series 'The Deep' (CBBC @12pm GMT on weekdays during lockdown). Expect fascinating facts and real-time experiments, as well as ideas to follow up with at home!
- The second will be 'Mermaid Tales' - aimed at Early Years - will air from 1.30pm to 1.45pm GMT. You will be read a short story narrated by the aquarium's resident mermaid, Marina - perfect timing before an afternoon nap or gentle relaxing start to the afternoon.
Key themes for each week are as follows:
- 15th Jan – Underwater Volcanoes
- 22nd Jan – Creature Classification
- 29th Jan – Nautical Navigation
- 5th Feb – Ocean Mysteries
- 12th Feb – Megafauna
- 19th Feb – Life Cycles
- 26th Feb – Looking after the Ocean
Visit the National Marine Aquarium YouTube Channel from 15th January for the live lessons.