Every Friday for the next 7 weeks the National Marine Aquarium in Plymouth will be delivering free live lessons from their Aquarium via YouTube.
Each week there will be two sessions:
- The first 'Deep Science' (1pm to 1.20pm GMT) - aimed at KS2 - will see their schools' team using aquarium exhibits and their AquaLab to explore the science behind the animated ocean exploration tv series 'The Deep' (CBBC @12pm GMT on weekdays during lockdown). Expect fascinating facts and real-time experiments, as well as ideas to follow up with at home!
- The second will be 'Mermaid Tales' - aimed at Early Years - will air from 1.30pm to 1.45pm GMT. You will be read a short story narrated by the aquarium's resident mermaid, Marina - perfect timing before an afternoon nap or gentle relaxing start to the afternoon.
Key themes for each week are as follows:
- 15th Jan – Underwater Volcanoes
- 22nd Jan – Creature Classification
- 29th Jan – Nautical Navigation
- 5th Feb – Ocean Mysteries
- 12th Feb – Megafauna
- 19th Feb – Life Cycles
- 26th Feb – Looking after the Ocean
Visit the National Marine Aquarium YouTube Channel from 15th January for the live lessons.
We’re launching our completely free, new live lesson series on Youtube starting Friday the 15th of January. Whether you’re looking for something to round your week off with a bang, or help you wind down for the weekend, our new Youtube live lessons series should hit the spot.